Celebrate MOBO was an event to celebrate young creatives in the music, digital and fashion industries which took place in Glasgow at the Barras Art and Design (BAaD) with queen of the MOBOs, Kanya King MBE. Moir Media organised the event from the concept through to arranging speakers to website management and public relations.
Designed to bring together hundreds of young people and music industry figures by the creator of the MOBO’s Kanya King MBE and funded by Scottish Enterprise, Celebrate MOBO’s aim was to take the passion and excitement surrounding the MOBO Awards and deliver a legacy for emerging Scottish talent.
Moir Media Event Marketing Objectives and Aims
- To develop an extensive programme of cultural, music and business events, workshops and Q&As in the lead up to MOBO creating excitement
- To develop a marcomms plan that connects with the target audience (18 – 25) and encourages participation
- To engage with the target audience and to nurture talent, encourage creativity and innovation
- To showcase urban culture, music development and celebration in all forms; from songwriting to promoting, to reviewing – podcasts, blogs, PR to self-promotion and more
- Identify and include underground music networks, influencers, music groups and a mix promoters/bookers/DJ/lecturers/media and of course graduates and undergraduates, bringing a fresh collaborative approach
With a limited budget, low profile of the MOBO across the city and a six week lead up to the event, Moir Media knew that the key to the success of this event was effective integrated marketing and PR to raise profile, brand awareness and gather momentum amongst affiliates and the designated target audience.
Will this in mind, the strategy that was created was three pronged:
- Engage with key influencers: Online Journalists / Bloggers / Music Sites / Creative Community and gather creative talent in Scotland
- Create a talking point that engages with urban and creative culture bringing together the event themes.
- Provide an exciting event programme that inspires and leaves a legacy for emerging talent
The timescale to pull this together was six weeks. It was very intensive but the results were astonishing and the event aims were exceeded.
– MOBO Awards
– Nov 2014
- Combined Reach of 21 million
- 123,598 hits to the website in eight weeks
- 20 Unique Articles Created
- 4 Unique Performance Videos from artists
- 12,000 views on Celebrate MOBO videos
- 1 Creation of a 16 foot by 12 foot mural
- 1 Top Ten Single
- 11 Emerging Artist Performances
- 18 Speakers
- 170 attendees
- 1 legacy
Scelerisque ornare purus nisi eu nulla. Nam vitae ultricies libero. Aenean quis sem porttitor nulla sagittis lobortis. Etiam id interdum libero, ac pretium sem. Cras rutrum rutrum tellus at cursus. Sed vulputate ut eros ac mollis. Pellentesque.